APRIL 2023 | What’s in this issue?
- WORKING REMOTELY? 7 FACTORS TO SEE BEFORE CHANGING CITIES
- ONWARD! 9 WAYS DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY IS INFLUENCING REAL ESTATE
- WHAT’S NEW? 5 INTERIOR DESIGN FLOW FOR 2023
Working Remotely? 7 Factors to Consider before Changing Cities
If your profession allows you to work remotely, you’re part of a trend many see as fortuitous.
Analysts say 25% of all jobs in North America were remote by the end of 2022, and remote opportunities are expected to grow again this year.
In response, 5 million remote workers in the U.S. opted to change their cities of residence between 2020 and 2022, with 19 million more expected to follow suit. And many are apparently happy with the results; one poll found that 82% of Americans who moved in 2020 “changed their lives for the better.”
If you’re among those considering such a move, here are elements about your potential new city you may wish to consider.
- The job market. Is there employment available in your new city if you change jobs or are no longer able to work remotely?
- Property market. Are there adequate and affordable housing options available?
- Cost of living projections. In what ways will your everyday expenses differ from the ones you manage now?
- Characteristics of the climate and environment. In addition to weather conditions, flora and fauna, and other natural elements in the area, are you comfortable with them?
- Amenities for families. How are the schools in the area? Are there opportunities for fun and leisure? Where can I meet new friends?
- Cultural and social norms. Does diversity exist? Is the majority of the population liberal or conservative? Are you friendly and open to meeting new people, or are you cautious? Are you going to feel like an outsider or will you fit in?
- Growth potential. Could the new place enable you to reinvent yourself and/or create the life you’ve always wanted?
Onward! 9 Ways Digital Technology is Influencing Real Estate
In this digital age, it’s increasingly important for real estate buyers and sellers to embrace (or at least understand) new technology tools. Consider how hugely these nine elements of technology are impacting the market as we move through the 2020s.
- The AI revolution is driving broader and more efficient data gathering, and the blockchain revolution is making that data more objective.
- In order to better calculate real estate values in real time, automated valuation models (AVMs) combine statistical modeling with historical databases.
- With machine learning, investors are able to find profitable properties based on their data.
- Communications, marketing, touring, sales, asset management, etc., all benefit from live video.
- The use of 3D video enables buyers to preview homes online, prior to a tour.
- For better efficiency, rental management and other software tools automate multiple tasks.
- Smart technology improves energy efficiency and cleanliness for environmental concerns.
- Especially for routine interactions and/or problem-solving, digital communications limit human contact.
- As a result of texting, you can communicate ultra-fast and respond to messages immediately.
What’s new? 5 Interior Design Flowskk for 2023
Vogue points to the following:
Calming earth colors, including mauves, peaches, reddish browns and warm whites
Silver and iron accents
Neoclassicism: focus on detailed, symmetrical lines
Mosaic and terrazzo kitchens and baths